Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 53101
Uses sound clinical judgment, critical thinking and nursing process to provide resident care under the supervision of the Charge Nurse in the McReynolds Hall Extended Care Facility in accordance with the current standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long-term care facilities.
Primary responsibility is to administer medications but also collects data, provides care as delegated, and takes appropriate action to prevent potential physiological and/or psychological complications while promoting an optimal level of health.
Maintains positive interaction with the patient, significant others and members of the health care team to effectively provide quality care.
Works effectively with others to achieve a perception of professionalism, superior service and teamwork.
MINUMUM KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of nursing practice normally acquired through completion of an accredited educational program for Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. Current State of Michigan Practical Nursing License.
3. BCLS certification within 90 days of start date.
4. Ability to lift and maneuver equipment; ability to position and transfer residents using assistive devices and proper body mechanics.
5. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with health care team.
6. Critical thinking skills necessary to assist the Charge Nurse in assessing, planning and delegating patient care.
7. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
8. Ability to provide care for residents in the following age groups: Adult – 19 to 65 years; Geriatric – over 65 years.