This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Rotating shift
Req ID: 53986
Bachelors or Masters degree in chemical, physical or biological science
Currently enrolled in MHC MLS internship to acquire a Bachelors degree in Medical Laboratory Science or MHC MLT internship to acquire an Associates degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
Previous laboratory experience preferred
Key Competencies and Skills
Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
Must be able to organize, prioritize, and execute a variable workload and multiple priorities.
Must communicate clearly and professionally regarding laboratory results, testing, protocol and other laboratory related information.
Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities, including recognizing and solving problems.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Laboratory Manger or Sr. Site Admin Lead. May receive instruction from Laboratory Director, Medical Director, Laboratory Section Heads (site specific).
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Meets competency requirements for the assigned tasked in one or more of the following departments: Blood Bank (MLS student only), Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology and Laboratory Aide.
6. Once deemed competent, performs routine waived and moderate complexity clinical laboratory tests in the clinical laboratory utilizing automated and non-automated equipment.
· Confirms appropriate action with scientists on duty when there are any questions or uncertainty as to how to proceed or perform testing.
· Adheres to procedural controls and policies.
· Evaluates and assures proper specimen requirements are met prior to analysis.
· Observes quality control guidelines, recognizes need for and initiates appropriate corrective action when required.
· Uses quality assurance and performance measures to develop solutions to problems.
· Assures validity and accuracy of laboratory data generated both within and external to the laboratory.
· Accepts additional responsibilities as needed when deemed competent.
· Performs related duties such as obtaining blood specimens, processing specimens and clerical activities.
7. Maintain clean and efficient work area and replenishes supplies as necessary.
8. Prioritizes workload to maximize efficiency while meeting patient and provider needs.
9. Ability to cover various shifts if needed.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.