Are you interested in working in northern Michigan as a Traveling CST? Join our internal traveler team - Munson FlexTeam! You choose your desired length of employment time and get to skip working through an external agency. You’ll become a direct hire to Munson Healthcare for a set period of time, on the location and unit of your choice. Flexible lengths of employment from 13 weeks and beyond. We hire to all specialties and to all hospitals within our 8-hospital system. Now is the time to be a Travel Certified Surgical Technologist in one of the most beautiful places in Michigan!
- Competitive base pay rate and stipend amount*
- Connections to housing options
- Ability to work for a well-developed, internal traveler team
- Ability to work where others vacation
- Chance to come back continuously if you want to travel with us multiple times
The Munson Healthcare FlexTeam Certified Surgical Technologist Traveler agrees to a contracted assignment in a surgical services department within the Munson Healthcare System. This position is scheduled and reports to the contracted unit manager.
Graduation of an approved Surgical Technology Training Program or Licensed Practical Nurse with previous scrub experience.
Surgical Technologist certification required (C.S.T. or N.C.C.T.).
Reports to the Manager of the FlexTeam and indirectly reports to the manager of the unit they are assigned to.
Works under the supervision of the Registered Nurse in delivering safe and effective care to the patient during the intraoperative period.
Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Patient Care Team.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the application of principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative techniques.
- Sets up sterile field and maintains according to department specific guidelines.
- Follows all department policies/procedures/guidelines relevant to intraoperative patient care procedures.
- Assisting surgeon during a procedure when requested and under direct supervision includes:
- Holds retractors placed by surgeon.
- Cauterizes instrument placed by surgeon.
- Passes and places ties at the surgeon's request.
- May assist the circulating nurse in the following manner:
- Assists in moving the patient to and from the surgical bed.
- Assists in positioning and prepping of patient for the procedure.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for flash sterilization.
- Assists in the application and securing of dressings and casts.
- Maintains surgeon's preference lists.
- Has knowledge supply and equipment locations.
- Delegated by the Director of Surgical Services the ability to stock non-controlled medications in multiple locations in the OR. Delivers non-controlled medications to the OR Suite/Pre-Op Holding at the request of licensed personnel.
- Performs within the parameters outlined in the surgical technologist performance standards.
- Safety is a self-responsibility. Know the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Perform job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plan your actions to promote safety. Report any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.