Respiratory Care Aide
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Rotating shift
Req ID: 53563
In support of the Respiratory Care Department, the Respiratory Care Aide is primarily responsible for keeping equipment and supplies available and ready for use in the administration of respiratory therapy. This position is responsible for equipment processing and storage as outlined by the Respiratory Care Department to ensure regulatory compliance. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Three years of medical related experience or actively enrolled in a Respiratory Therapy program.
- Is able to perform duties in a self-directed fashion.
This position reports to the Respiratory Care Manager.
This position interacts with members of the Respiratory Care Department and does not provide patient care.
Upon completion of clinical experience requirements, active Respiratory Care students employed in the Respiratory Aide job classification will be promoted to Respiratory Care Intern.
POPULATIONS SERVED, COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
_X No direct clinical contact with patients SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Cleans, assembles and performance tests various pieces of patient care equipment. Maintains back up Respiratory Care equipment inventory at designated storage areas throughout the facility. Supports the clinical staff by delivering patient care equipment to the patient care units in emergent situations.
- Restocks Respiratory Care supply carts and oxygen cylinders.
- Monitors supply inventory and reorders as needed. Following education and training, select Respiratory Aides will have access to McKesson to order supplies via NMSA non-stock and stock requisitions. Updates requisition templates through NMSA as needed.
- Monitors inventory of specially ordered supplies and equipment advising the Manager when reorder is needed.
- Regularly cleans and organizes the work areas in the Respiratory Care Department to maximize efficiency. Monitors department to verify compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Clinical Engineering (Bio-Med) to facilitate availability of equipment for preventive maintenance. Performs regular schedule of equipment battery maintenance for those devices that require it. Calls in work requests to Plant Engineering when equipment requires repairs.
- Performs monthly checks on the public AED’s throughout the facility. Advises the Manager when repair or supplies are needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.