Floor Care Technician
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Req ID: 54107
Supports an environment in which patients and families are encouraged to participate in care and decision making at the level they choose.
Provides floor maintenance to Otsego Memorial Hospital, its clinics, the Professional Medical Building and all other facilities used or controlled by Otsego Memorial Hospital. Provides daily and terminal floor maintenance in accordance with current industry standards. Works in a team or individually. Provides service to all clinical and non-clinical areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembles any needed materials and supplies.
- Handles, mixes, labels and properly stores all cleaning chemicals.
- Uses all required personal protective equipment.
- Uses all floor and carpet cleaning equipment correctly.
- Strips, waxes and buffs floors.
- Cleans carpet.
- Dusts/wet mops and vacuums floors.
- Returns machines, equipment and materials to storage area at the end of the shift.
- Adheres to OMH policies and procedures to minimize risk of harm to patients or staff.
- Accepts and supports a culture of teamwork.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions at a level normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Approximately 1 month on-the-job experience necessary in order to become familiar with Hospital and department equipment and policies and to become proficient in floor maintenance procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time necessary in order to complete job duties in time allotted.
- Attention to detail and team-orientation necessary in order to meet department standards for floor maintenance.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Requires heavy lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting to perform job duties.
- There is possible exposure to blood and body fluids. Personal protective equipment is provided.