Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry - Day/PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 54349
As a part of Munson Healthcare’s commitment to providing quality patient care, qualified applicants accepting certain full-time positions are eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus with employment commitment. Applicants can learn more about the transition incentive and qualifications when connecting with a recruiter.
A4 is a 38 bed Cardiac Telemetry unit, that serves a variety of patients requiring cardiac services for: CHF, chest pain, pacemakers, post procedure recovery for cardiac cath lab procedures, bedside cardioversions and cardiac research patients.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- For those hired into an RN position prior to January 1, 2009, it is encouraged to obtain a BSN. Certification in the specialty area of practice is also encouraged.
- For those hired into an RN position after January 1, 2009, it is required to obtain a BSN within ten years of their start date as an RN. Certification in the specialty area of practice is strongly encouraged.
- For those hired into an RN position after January 1st, 2015, it is required to obtain a BSN within 5 years of start date
- Experience in the clinical area in which application has been made is desirable.
- Is a self-directed professional with the ability to make independent judgments directing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability in using the computer with Windows format preferred.
- Accountable to the Unit Manager or designee of the assigned patient care unit; ultimately accountable for the practice of nursing to the Vice President, Patient Care Services.
- Provides direction to and supervision of LPNs, Techs, Clerks, Nursing Assistants, and/or other categories as needed.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Patient Care Team.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Follows Scope and Standards of Practice from American Nurses Association as listed below.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.