Meal Service Attendant
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Shift: Day/Night shift
Req ID: 54544
Delivers meals to patients from the kitchen following all requirements for patient safety; including 2 methods of identification. Plans routes and takes carts as ready to meet department goal of order to bedside within 45 minutes. Uses all skills as trained for scanning tickets, reading and following any notes associated with patient meals at bedside. Follows established procedures and protocols for hand hygiene, PPE, HIPAA and all patient safety protocols
Assists as needed on patient room service line, in dishwashing area or any other area of Food and Nutrition should the need arise or asked to do so.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- ServSafe certified or willing to obtain certification as classes are available.
- Ability to work under elements of time pressure, noise, and frequent interruption of activities.
- Physical stamina to perform job duties walking/standing for long periods of time.
- Therapeutic foodservice experience (hospital, nursing home, etc.) desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone courtesy).
- Demonstrates the principles of ESP and hospitality services.
- Employees in relief positions maintain a reasonably flexible schedule.
Reports to Patient Services Manager, Food and Nutrition Services. May receive additional direction from other Food Service Management, Leads, nursing staff.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
- Promotes personal and patient safety. Identifies patients according to standards. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment to manager or through the VOICE system.
- Maintains strict confidentiality by following all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Follows all patient or unit specific requirements for delivery i.e. nursing alerts, NPO boards, Diabetic Chems, Cardiac patients, stroke patients
- Follows alerts on scanner and takes appropriate action by calling diet office.
- Utilizes all PPE as required every time including hand sanitizer in/out of each patient room.
- The benefits of relief breaks are recognized and breaks are encouraged. However, in accordance with hospital policy 14.019, “Employees may be asked to change, forego or return early from their break should their services be required. Employees not receiving breaks will not be entitled to compensating time off, future extended breaks or to leave work early without loss of pay.”
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.