Clinic Coordinator - Pain Clinic
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 54470
Coordinates the daily operations of the Physician Practice / Ambulatory Practice to include front office and clinical support staff as well as other patient flow functions. Performs duties as delegated within the scope of practice and validated competencies.
- Associates Degree in a health related discipline preferred. In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, directly related experience may be accepted.
- Clinical background required. May include RN or LPN licensure, Certified, Credentialed or Registered with preference for Certification (CMA), depending on the needs of the practice.
- A minimum of two years of progressively increased responsibility in a clinical or health related office setting.
- Must be able to effectively use computer systems.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Demonstrates above average oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to function responsibly in a minimally supervised work situation and to utilize proven decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a self-starter, have superior organization skills, and attend to details.
- Must possess a team orientation for goal achievement.
- Preferred previous knowledge of clinic.
- Ability to assume patient care role if and when necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of clinic, as well as hospital specific EMR in addition to knowledge of common Word programs.
- Ability to problem solve and make recommendations for conflict resolution.
- Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergent situations.
- Ability to identify safety hazards to establish and maintain a safe working environment.
Reports to the Practice Manager, Practice Administrator, and/or Director of Ambulatory Practices
Works in well lighted, clean, smoke free environment. Work is subject to frequent interruptions, changes in workload, and competing priorities.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine, as well as other office and medical equipment.
- Occasionally lifts, supports, and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Requires exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids
- Frequent position changes throughout the day, including sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, and stretching.
- May require use of computer screen for long periods.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Ensures provider office schedules and staffing coverage schedules are current in coordination with manager.
- Plans non-provider work schedule and assigns work.
- Monitors attendance, overtime, PTO and work utilization.
- Motivates, educates, trains, encourages, communicates, prioritizes, delegates staff and plans work flow for the office with management approval.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff orientation and education occurs consistent with policy. Ensures documentation of orientation and competency.
- Coaches support staff to perform their responsibilities with efficiency through leading by example and by working with support staff as necessary. Provides input to staff annual discussions.
- Ensures compliance with established human resource and operational policies and procedures. Coordinates documentation as required.
- Assists the manager in developing and monitoring department organizational process. Works with manager to implement. Participates in Lean process flow, as appropriate
- Participates in Meaningful Use/MiPS/MACRA/PQRS and Quality Improvement guidelines, implementation and compliance.
- Assists manager with preparation for and compliance with inspections, including, but not limited to TJC, CMS, State, and CMS.
- Supports practice management software and functions as a super-user for office EMR.
- Works to resolve problems and complaints regarding office. Responds to provider requests regarding particular problem areas.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget, making recommendations for equipment requests and needs for the upcoming year.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Ensures medical and office supplies are ordered in a timely manner and in compliance with par levels.
- Directly oversees and provides support and direction for daily clinical and clerical operational functions within the clinic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.