Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 54752
We improve lives, join our team!
Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday, 7am to 5pm
Call: Rotated; After hours coverage for patients for 5 practices, shared amongst 16 providers
Join a primary care practice, finding the right balance between a rewarding career in a supportive, friendly community, and a beautiful place to live and grow. A 1.5:1 support staff to provider ratio, 3 providers, centralized nurse triage and the on-site clinic provides expanded care coordination, as well as on site laboratory.
Practice includes adult (ages 16+) family medicine/internal medicine. Looking for a provider that will work Monday – Friday (5 – 8 hour shifts) or Tuesday – Friday (4 – 10 hour days).
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers Employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an MHC entity.
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
· 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
· >65 Practice Sites
· Primary and Specialty Care
· Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
· $120M Net Revenue Annually
· Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
· Competitive compensation and full benefits
· 401(k) matching
· Continuing education credits
· Health and dental insurance
· Malpractice insurance
· Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
· Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
· Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
· Student loan forgiveness program eligible
· Relocation assistance
· Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
STANDARDS OF CARE
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
6. Acknowledges safety is a self-responsibility. Knows physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
7. As a health care provider, primary responsibility of the physician is to promote and maintain health in all age populations; and to prevent disease and illness exacerbation.
8. Is a part of the transition to and maintenance of a Patient Centered Medical Home and Rural Health Clinic at Milltown Primary Care. This may involve education, home visits, group visits, case management, pay for performance, and quality indicators.
9. Assists in policy and procedure development for Milltown Primary Care operations and clinical interventions.
1 Maintains visibility within the community as a primary health care provider. Serves as a role model to clinic staff, faculty, and the community at large.
1 Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Training:
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· Candidate must apply for and be granted applicable clinical privileges through MHC’s credentialing processes before rendering services
· Good judgment and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to make quality, independent medical decisions.
· Time management and organizational skills.
ABOUT MUNSON HEALTHCARE
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest and leading healthcare system. Based in northern Michigan, our team of medical experts, award-winning hospitals, and related organizations serve people in 30 counties. Munson Healthcare is comprised of regional referral center Munson Medical Center (Traverse City) and 7 community hospitals: Cadillac Hospital (Cadillac), Charlevoix Hospital (Charlevoix), Grayling Hospital (Grayling), Kalkaska Memorial Health Center (Kalkaska), Manistee Hospital (Manistee), Otsego Memorial Hospital (Gaylord), and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital (Frankfort). Across the system there are 694 licensed acute care beds and 212 licensed long-term care beds. Most of the region’s 540,000 residents can receive comprehensive quality care in or near their local community with access to sophisticated diagnostic technology such as 3D tomography, advanced cancer and heart treatments, and the latest robotic technology, stereotactic radiosurgery, and non-invasive surgical procedures.
Here is a place you can breathe. Surrounded by beautiful inland lakes and rivers and home to Lower Michigan’s largest state park, Hartwick Pines State Park, Grayling is a serene up north retreat conveniently located within the I-75 corridor. A strong and thriving community known for its genial residents and small-town ambiance, Grayling naturally lends itself to family-friendly living. Equipped with top-rated schools, a low cost of living, and a strong sense of community, the Grayling region helps newcomers feel right at home with a northern Michigan charm all its own. Outdoor adventure seekers can “play without limits” in this northern Michigan oasis where hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, golfing, and birdwatching abound in and around the state park, Higgins Lake and Houghton Lake, and the legendary AuSable River – home to the annual, world-renowned AuSable River Canoe Marathon and known as “the holy water” among fishing enthusiasts who’ve deemed the river one of the best fly fishing hotspots in the Midwest.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer