PRN Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Temporary
Shift: Rotating shift
Req ID: 54800
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from accredited School of Pharmacy and completed state-required internship.
Current Michigan license as a Registered Pharmacist.
One to two years retail pharmacy experience.
Knowledge of pharmacy third party billing and retail pharmacy computerization.
Knowledgeable of pharmaceutical care practice in the ambulatory setting.
Familiarity with institutional pharmacy practice highly desirable.
Active membership in professional practice associations preferred.
Under the general supervision of Store Coordinator or Retail Pharmacy Manager. May receive instruction and direction from the Director of Pharmacy. Works closely with the Coordinator/Affiliate/Ambulatory Pharmacy Services and Accounting. Regular contact with physicians, nurses, and patients in order to coordinate the provision of high quality ambulatory and/or LTC and Assisted Living pharmaceutical care. Contact with other Pharmacy personnel at other MSI pharmacy locations and Munson Medical Center.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
All ages (birth and above).
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Interprets, accurately dispenses, and assures final check of physician prescription orders.
- Performs and documents appropriate interventions with health care professionals and patients while striving for maximal benefit from the drug therapy.
- Assures all oversight agencies requirements are met, including State Board of Pharmacy, Controlled Substance Act, all federal laws, etc.
- Interacts with physicians, physician office personnel, other MMC departments in a professional manner in order to maintain a highly visible practice of outpatient pharmaceutical care.
- Maintain necessary dispensing and patient documentation to meet regulatory requirements.
- Develops and provides a quality pharmaceutical care model with clinical/patient oriented application with a vision toward the evolving requirements of the managed care environment.
- Provides quality patient consultation and education for medications including OTC medications and other health care product lines.
- Provides drug information support services to other health care providers.
- Supervises clerical, technical, and volunteer personnel.
- Emphasizes and maintains security of controlled substances.
- Assures all aspects of inventory control including ordering, purchasing, inventory turns, storage, security, etc. as well as auditing pertinent products. Maintains an outpatient formulary to meet evolving prescribing patterns in concert with the MMC hospital formulary.
- Responsible for the customer specific business applications of the pharmacy operations.
- Works closely with store coordinator and Retail Pharmacy Manager to maintain product pricing strategies to maximize profitability while remaining within legal third party program requirements.
- Provides input to and assistance in maintaining policies, procedures, responsibility lists, etc.
- Maintains and advances knowledge by continuing education endeavors.
- Works in concert with other Munson Healthcare providers such as the MCHC Urgent Care, Occupational Health, Hospice, affiliate hospital LTC and Assisted Living facilities, etc… to provide pharmaceutical care.
- Oversees day to day facility maintenance and cleanliness and communicates concerns and needs promptly to the Store Coordinator or Retail Pharmacy Manager.
- Follows all accounting procedures, including responsible for reconciliation of payment by third party payors.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Maintains and displays knowledge of third party reimbursement.
- Develops and displays thorough knowledge of the outpatient computer system.
- Oversees processing of drug recalls.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.