Pool RN II B - Critical Care Nursing Pool - FT/Night
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Night shift
Req ID: 54958
As a part of Munson Healthcare’s commitment to providing quality patient care, qualified applicants accepting certain full-time positions are eligible for a $10,000 transition incentive with employment commitment. Applicants can learn more about the transition incentive and qualifications when connecting with a recruiter.
- Minimum 2 years previous medical surgical experience required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- For those hired into an RN position prior to January 1, 2009, it is encouraged to obtain a BSN. Certification in the specialty area of practice is also encouraged.
- For those hired into an RN position after January 1, 2009, it is required to obtain a BSN within ten years of their start date as an RN. Certification in the specialty area of practice is strongly encouraged.
- Experience in the clinical area in which application has been made is desirable.
- Is a self-directed professional with the ability to make independent judgments directing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability in using the computer with Windows format preferred.
- A shift differential for Pool RN positions is provided in addition to the wage range listed
- Pool “Clusters” are:
- Critical Care Pool will cover A2, A3, A4, A7,ICU and Short Term Unit.
- Tele-Stepdown Pool will cover A2, A3 Stepdown ICU, Cath Lab Recovery, C4
- Med-Surg Pool will cover C1R, C1M,C2, B3, B3S, C3,B4, D4, North 1 overflow.
- Maternal/Child Pool will cover Maternity, NICU, C3
- A list of the Nursing Pool staff and their unit coverage will be kept in the Nursing Administration office.
- Rotation of each pool nurse through the units will continue to ensure competency in each area so no one pool nurse is kept in one area all of the time (of course – patient care continuity will be factored into this.)
- If all units are staffed appropriately, the pool nurses are given the first option of being HR’d.
- Critical Care/Tele Stepdown Pool placement decisions are made in a joint effort by all charge nurses and the Administrative Supervisors.
- Med-Surg Pool requests are called to the Nursing Office and assignments are made by the Administrative Supervisor and/or Department Assistant depending on the shift.
- Pool Nurses will be oriented and maintain competency in all units they work.
- Attend required competency skills labs for the units.
- Complete any mandatory education required by unit/hospital.
- Pool nurses are not “required” to care for neuro-trauma patients in the ICU. They may desire to become competent in this area of practice the training will be scheduled with the ICU manager/educator.
- Pool nurses are not required to care for acutely suicidal, assaultive, 1:1 self-injury patients on Center 1.
- Pool nurses are not required to care for patients in active labor, or acutely ill infants in NICU.
- Pool nurses will maintain practice within the guidelines and “standards of care” developed for each unit.
- A Tele-Stepdown nurse may be asked to work in a “critical Care Area” to care for a patient with “Stepdown Orders” but is unable to move due to a bed shortage issue.
- Orientation to units will be individualized to reflect nurse’s experience.
- Nurses hired into the pool should have at least one year of Critical Care/Tele Stepdown/Med-Surg experience.
- Nurses hiring into the pool will be asked to make a 2-year commitment in the area hired to.
- The Critical Care and Tele-Stepdown pool will continue to do “self scheduling.” The schedule is put out approximately 6 weeks early. Everyone must complete their schedule at least 3 weeks prior to it being posted. Final changes to “even the numbers” will be made by the manager/staff prior to it being posted. The Med-Surg Pool will provide requests to the shift schedulers 2 weeks prior to posting.
- The Pool nurses are required to work every other weekend. If a scheduled weekend is needed off, the pool nurses should try to switch with another nurse.
- Each Pool member is required to pick up 2 holidays per year.