Infectious Disease Physician (MD/DO)
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 54846
POSITION TYPE: MD/DO
SPECIALTY: Infectious Disease
LOCATION (CITY): Traverse City
DESCRIPTION: Join a mission driven organization with the highest standard for quality service, and patient-centered care.
Munson Healthcare is seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease physician to join three infectious disease specialists and two nurse practitioners in an established practice in beautiful Traverse City.
As a regional referral center, Munson Medical Center – a 442 bed hospital - provides care to patients across northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. This position will practice in an acute care hospital setting and an outpatient ID clinic located in the professional building connected to the hospital. Call schedule rotates weekday evenings and weekend coverage with other ID physicians to provide expertise to Munson Medical Center and the Munson Healthcare system colleagues and entities.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient care consultation and ongoing treatment of chronic infectious diseases.
- Deliver comprehensive care for patient panel, including management of chronic diseases directly or through collaboration with primary care physicians and specialists.
- Work in a team environment (with social work, care management, integrated behavioral health, pharmacy, nutrition, health education), process feedback, and facilitate open discussion.
- Implement plans of care in collaboration with the patient, their family and other team members.
- Develop strong transitional care plans. Keep track of paneled patients along the whole continuum of care including hospital discharges, emergency department, skilled nursing facilities, and home care.
- Vigilant in keeping track of patients and their disease processes to avoid emergency department visits, admissions to the hospital, and readmissions.
- Assist with educating patients regarding their chronic diseases and healthy choices.
- Assist with the education and discussion of chronic disease progress and advanced directives.
- Full-time, hospital employed
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Health, Dental insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off