Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 55156
Provides clinical and /or administrative support in an Ambulatory Practice or Clinic.
Graduate of a ABHES or CAAHBP Medical Assistant program or 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant or like healthcare role preferred.
Experience with EHR is preferred.
High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
Must be knowledgeable and proficient in basic clinical competencies.
Must communicate effectively and work well with others. Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential for the role. Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, lifting, patient transfer, pushing, and pulling, etc. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
BLS certification preferred and must be obtained within 90 days of hire and maintained.
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
_____ Neonatal (birth-1 mo)_____ Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
_____ Infant (1 mo-1 hr)_____ Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
_____ Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs)_____ Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
_____ Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs)_____ Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
_____ Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs)__X__ All ages (birth & above)
_____No clinical contact with patients
1) Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2) Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3) Promotes personal and patient safety.
4) Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5) Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
6) Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
7) Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As a direct contact with patients and families, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, and the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
8) Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
9) Perform all duties listed in department specific competencies.
10) Provides personalized care for patients while assuring a timely patient flow through the office.
11) Act as an advocate for the patient in his/her interactions with health care services.
12) Assist health care providers when requested.
13) Assists with day-to-day operations as required for optimal patient care.
14) Attend staff development programs.
15) Directs own continuing education activities and keep skills current, expand knowledge base and comply with entry level requirements.
16) Knows the physical requirements of the job and works within the guidelines of the department. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
17) Ability to communicate effectively using various forms of communication (digital/verbal) with all members of healthcare team
18) Maintain Infection control standards
19) Maintains Regulatory Requirements
20) Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Administrative duties (may include, but not limited to):
Clinical duties (may include, but not limited to):