Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 55276
Provides direct clinical services to patients within Munson Medical Center Behavioral Health services.
Master’s degree from a social work, psychology, and/or counseling accredited program. Michigan license to provide behavioral health counseling that may be a LMSW, LPC, or LLP.
With manager approval, Limited Licensed individuals may be considered. Preferred work experience of 3 years or 6000 hours of counseling and/or related experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in behavioral health assessment and treatment of substance use disorder, mental health, and co-occurring disorder interventions and applications with a focus on evidence based practices.
MMC Outpatient BH: In Outpatient Behavioral Health department only: Certified Advanced Addiction credential through Michigan Board of Addiction Professionals or the ability to obtain a 3-year Development plan within 30 days of hire to secure certification.
Reports to the Manager and/or Director of the department.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo.) x Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr.) x Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs.)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs.) x Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs.)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs.)x Geriatric (65 yrs. & above)
X Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs.)all ages (birth & above)
A.Patient at the center of what we do
C.Health Care Team
feedback, clinical staff dialogue, performance appraisals and staff education.
ensure a safe continuum of care.
13. Maintains effective communications with patients, families, team members and managers as evidenced by mutual support, open communication, trust and support.
14.Promotes good public relations with department personnel, physicians, other referral
sources, patients, families and the community.
15. Assumes responsibility for continuing education and professional development by attending required in-services and other means of continuing professional education (e.g., readings, classes, workshops).
16. Adheres to all hospital and department policies.
17. Keeps manager and physician informed of activities, decisions and changes in patients' treatment and/or progress.
18. Provides the Manager with input regarding competencies and annual discussions, and assists with implementation of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.