Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 54455
Would you like to join a fun, creative atmosphere while having fun engaging with children? If so, Munson Child Development Center is looking for some fun energetic people to work here in our center. We need people who are reliable, flexible, hardworking, & willing to adhere to licensing requirements. We also partner with T.E.A.C.H scholarship program to help staff continue their pursuit of a degree in early childhood. Duties include cleaning, supervising children, collaborating with co-workers, and of course playing with the children. We offer competitive pay & benefits package, paid trainings & time for trainings (we require 16 annual hours), first Aid/CPR Certification, and evenings and weekends off! Come join our team!
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in Early Childhood Education, valid CDA Certificate; preferred
- Must be able to life a minimum of 30 pounds
- Reports to the Lead Teacher, On-site Coordinator and/or Manager, Child Development Center
POPULATIONS SERVED, COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for children in the age category(s) checked below:
__Neonatal (birth-1 mo) __Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
__Infant (1 mo-1 yr) __Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
_x Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) __ Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
__Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) __Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
__Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) __All ages (birth & above)
_ No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Responds to needs, questions, concerns of parents and children in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for the daily planning and execution of all classroom and outdoor activities for the group. Lesson plans will be prepared on a weekly basis with one copy being posted in the classroom for parents, and one copy turned into the Coordinator.
- Supervision for meal times, toileting procedures, inside and outside activities for children in the classroom.
- Attendance at all staff meetings, parent conferences (as needed), and ongoing training.
- Cleaning and organizing of the center as needed.
- Responsible for the health, welfare, and safety of children in assigned group.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.