Under the direction of the System Director- HR Strategy Employee and Labor Relations, the HR Specialist is responsible for meeting and greeting scheduled appointments, answering general HR questions, phones, processing general employment related employee information, informing security of employee transfer information, filing, personnel record management, and conducting background checks of internal transfers.ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Associates Degree in HR or business, or 2 years of clerical, human resource, administrative or office experience.
Demonstrated work experience to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
Ability to handle confidentiality and maintain professionalism.
Excellent written and verbal communication, along with conflict resolution management.
Demonstrates advanced computer skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn and adapt to new computer systems.
Ability to maintain the security and safety of the human resource suite.ORGANIZATION
Under the supervision of the System Director HR Strategy Employee and Labor Relations.SPECIFIC DUTIES
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Always uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills.
5. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
6. Meets and greets customers within the HR Suite. Identifies need and responds if appropriate or triages to the appropriate department or HR professional.
7. Prepares approval list of transfers and name and title changes. Collaborates with security to assign appropriate security access and issues appropriate parking stickers.
8. Promptly and professionally responds to questions, communications, telephone calls, project requests, subpoenas, and request for information.
9. Processes and coordinates the Secretary of State DL checks for MHC. Tracks results and manages communication to the employee, manager, and appropriate business partner.
10. Orders office supplies and manages mail and invoice coordination under the direction of the Office Coordinator.
11. Processes Alt jobs, internal and external transfers, career ladders, reporting structure changes, title changes. Runs appropriate fingerprinting and background checks for internal transfers.
12. Responsible for filing personnel record documents, pulling terminated employee files and scanning into the system.
13. Responds to request for information under the Bullard-Plawecki Right to Know Act, employee requests and Subpoenas.
14. Other duties as assigned.