Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Shift: Day/Night shift
Req ID: 55558
The On Call Chaplain position entails:
1) 1 (or 2) weekends a month on call from home (Friday 6p - 7p Sunday)
2) the possibility of a night per week on call from home
3) available as needed, and on occasion to work a week day and visit patients and respond to pages, and phone calls
Graduate of an accredited seminary or school of theology; Master's Degree of Divinity preferred. Experience working with patients and family members having a health crisis as well as death and dying experience; Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) required; along with good standing with candidate's denominational authority.
Ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Comfort in an interfaith setting, respecting diversity in beliefs.
Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and values.
Ability to network with community clergy and congregations.
Hospital Chaplain experience preferred.
Meets MMC established requirements for proof of health status.
Reports to the Vice President of Patient Care Services.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for all ages of patients.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients/families/caregivers in the inpatient setting when needed and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients/families/caregivers when local clergy are not available.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community clergy and spiritual counselors.
- Provides the interdisciplinary team with consultation, education and support on spiritual care.
- Provides assistance with planning periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers and community clergy and spiritual counselors.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.