LPN - Obstetrical Clinic
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 55644
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!
Munson Healthcare Otsego Memorial
829 N Center Avenue, Suite 200
Full Time / Days / Monday - Thursday (4 - 9.5 hour days)
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
As an LPN, in a Clinic or Physician’s Office you will coordinate the activities between members of the care team to ensure patients receive the care they need and that they understand their medical condition, medication, and other instructions. You will be a liaison between patients, care team staff and the healthcare system.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING IN YOU:
Graduate of a recognized and accredited Practical Nursing program.
Current State of Michigan nursing license.
Current BLS or to obtain within 60 days of employment.
Experience in physician office or hospital setting preferred.
WHAT YOUR DAILY ACTIVITES AND EXPECTATION WILL BE IN THIS ROLE:
- Responsible for maintaining patient flow in an efficient and timely manner by obtaining the patient’s history, obtaining, and charting of vital signs and preparing the patient for the physician.
- Prepare patients for procedures and assist the physician during procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy and injections as needed.
- Participates in patient education activities.
- Participates in a team fashion with completing of daily chart activities.
- Responsible for documentation of office laboratory procedures and controls.
- Participates in the review of medication and supply expiration dates.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement to maintain high quality patient care.
- Works within LPN scope of practice.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MUNSON HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONAL STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Munson Healthcare. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with other hospital departments, patient’s families, and other health care professionals.
- Acts as a role model maintaining a professional, customer focused demeanor at all times. Supports policy decision and implementation.
- Acknowledges that safety is self-responsibility. Knows physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Always performs job duties safely, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.