Provides clinical and/or administrative support in the Physician Office/Ambulatory setting.
High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
One year clinical experience in a Physician office, Ambulatory, or Healthcare setting is Preferred or minimum one year nursing clinicals preferred.
CENA or EMT experience preferred.
BCLS certification preferred and must be obtained within 6 months of hire and maintained.
Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Reports to the Coordinator and/or Manager/Practice Administrator of Ambulatory Physician Practices.
POPULATIONS SERVED COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
__Neonatal (birth-1 mo) __Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
__Infant (1 mo-1 yr) __Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
__ Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) __ Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
__Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) __Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
__Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above)
__No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
- Verifies that required patient electronic health record is updated.
- Provides personalized care for patients while assuring a timely patient flow through the office.
- Act as an advocate for the patient in his/her interactions with health care services.
- Assist health care providers when requested.
- Assists with day-to-day operations as required for optimal patient care.
- Attend staff development programs.
- Directs own continuing education activities and keep skills current, expand knowledge base ad comply with recertification/registration requirements.
- Answers patient and pharmacy phone calls from a multiline phone system and relays messages to providers when necessary using the EMR.
- Perform all duties listed in department specific competencies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.