We improve lives, join our team!
Full-time Monday – Friday, 7am to 6pm Call: 1 in 8 during the week and 1 in 11 for weekends
Join a team base primary care practice, finding the right balance between a rewarding career in a supportive, friendly community, and a beautiful place to live and grow. A 1:1 MA to provider ratio, 7 providers and the on-site clinic provides expanded care coordination, as well as on site laboratory.
The Cadillac Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will deliver high quality care to patients of all ages. Practice everything from health maintenance, minor procedures, woman’s health, pediatric patients, men’s health and geriatric care.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Health and dental insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
STANDARDS OF CARE
- Manage chronic conditions and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries, using best practices, i.e., evidence-based practice
- Obtain relevant health and medical histories from patients and/or caregivers
- Perform physical exams appropriate for age and history
- Identify medical and health risks and needs
- Order, conduct and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests
- Formulate the appropriate plan of care based on history, physical exam, clinical findings and any diagnostic findings
- Develop care plans and communicate plan to patient, their care giver, or family
- Perform procedures within the scope of expertise (e.g., I&Ds, suturing wound closure, etc.)
- Identify non-pharmacologic interventions and prescribe non-pharmacologic therapies; identify pharmacologic interventions and prescribe pharmacologic therapies
- Provide relevant patient education
- Make appropriate referrals to physicians and other health professionals and community agencies
- Participate in quality improvement review on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans, helps disseminate findings and implement plans for improvement
- Serve as an educational resource for ancillary staff
- Complete and maintain written electronic records in a timely fashion and in compliance with MHC standards
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
- Acknowledges safety is a self-responsibility. Knows physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- As a health care provider, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant works in conjunction with their physicians in providing a full spectrum of primary care services to their assigned patients. The primary responsibility of the nurse practitioner or physician assistant is to promote and maintain health in all age populations; and to prevent disease and illness exacerbation.
- Is a part of the transition to and maintenance of a Patient Centered Medical Home and Rural Health Clinic at Empire Family Care. This may involve education, home visits, group visits, case management, pay for performance, and quality indicators.
- Assists in policy and procedure development for Cadillac Primary Care operations and clinical interventions.
- Maintains visibility within the community as a primary health care provider. Serves as a role model to clinic staff, faculty, and the community at large.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Training:
- Master's Degree in Nursing OR a Masters in Physician Assistant studies
- New grads welcome to apply!
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license required
- BCLS Certified
- Candidate must apply for and be granted applicable clinical privileges through MHC’s credentialing processes before rendering services
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent medical decisions.
- Time management and organizational skills.
ABOUT MUNSON HEALTHCARE
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest and leading healthcare system. Based in Traverse City, Mich., our team of medical experts, award-winning hospitals, and related organizations serve people in 30 counties. Munson Healthcare is comprised of regional referral center Munson Medical Center (Traverse City) and 7 community hospitals: Cadillac Hospital (Cadillac), Charlevoix Hospital (Charlevoix), Grayling Hospital (Grayling), Kalkaska Memorial Health Center (Kalkaska), Manistee Hospital (Manistee), Otsego Memorial Hospital (Gaylord), and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital (Frankfort). Across the system there are 694 licensed acute care beds and 212 licensed long-term care beds. Most of the region’s 540,000 residents can receive comprehensive quality care in or near their local community with access to sophisticated diagnostic technology such as 3D tomography, advanced cancer and heart treatments, and the latest robotic technology, stereotactic radiosurgery, and non-invasive surgical procedures.
A four-season paradise, Cadillac is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream situated on Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac and surrounded by the Huron-Manistee National Forest. Outdoor adventures, coupled with breathtaking views, make Cadillac the ultimate playground. Cadillac residents enjoy a low cost of living, including affordable housing, good schools, a vibrant downtown, festivals, a bustling farmer’s market, and a fun, vacation vibe. Unique shopping boutiques, galleries, and locally-owned restaurants makes this safe, family-friendly community a great place to live and work.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer