High school diploma or GED preferred. Additional education in related culinary field preferred/
Demonstrates effective skills in all levels of food preparation, storage and presentation.
Ability to read and expand recipes. Understand inventory, ordering, food preparation and storage per HACCP systems.
Ability to work under elements of time pressure, frequent interruption of activities, and noise.
Cooking experience in related field of 2 - 3 years desirable.
Production Tech training for replacement coverage during vacations or illness.
Reports to Lead, Manager, or Food Service Director.
Receives assignments from hospital staff, lead, manager, director and general public.
Has limited working contact with hospital staff and general public.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) All ages (birth & above)
X No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety. Safety is a self-responsibility. Know the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Perform job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plan your actions to promote safety. Report any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Participates in overall production and/or planning for all the following areas: Patient Meal Service, Café
- Responsible for ancillary production needs related to all or part of the overall production schedule for department as listed on production sheets or assigned by Production Tech or Manager
- Responsible for either Patient Tray line coverage or Café grill coverage according to specific assignment. Responsible for quality and overall presentation in either area to include all HCAAP guidelines.
- Café assignment (job #23) coverage is to include overview of all serving areas open to meal service. Overview includes preparation of all display plates, checking all signage for proper communication of menu items, and reporting to management any discrepancies. Sanitation and proper food handling procedures at primary station, and reporting to management any violation observed in any other retail station. Review all temperature readings on food and equipment at beginning and end of shift, and report any problems to management.
- Back of the house assignments (job #20 or 20W) include direct communication with Production Techs related to proper completion of production sheets for dinner meal periods on both Patient and Retail lines and serving and preparation of Patient Meals on Room Service Line. This also includes rotation, labeling and proper food handling according to all HCAAP guidelines.
- Cook I requirements include Production Tech training for replacement coverage during vacation, illness or medical leave of primary Production Techs.
- Café assignment (job #23 or 20W) includes overview of all serving areas open to meal service. Overview includes preparation o all display plates, checking all signage for proper communication of menu items. And reporting to management any discrepancies. Sanitation and proper food handling procedures at primary station, and reporting to management any violations observed in any other retail station. Review all temperature readings on food and equipment at beginning and end of shift, and report any problems to management.
- Responsible for cleaning any equipment used daily and anything listed on cleaning sheet.
- Responsible for attending all cooks meetings, and daily communication with managers for special needs or outages.
- See specific duties for Cook I position assignment guidelines.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHERE/HOW TO OBTAIN TRAINING
Department meeting or minutes of meetings.
Department employee Manual
Dietitians, Leads, Managers, FSD