Registered Nurse/Graduate Nurse - Perioperative Residency Internship
Location: Traverse City
Req ID: 55859
FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AND $5,000 RELOCATION - 2 YR COMMITMENT
TRAVERSE CITY, MI
At Munson Medical Center, our operating room teams work together to achieve top quartile performance for overall surgical care and perform more than 65 surgeries daily. Our 21 surgical suites include a hybrid OR, expanding robotics and minimally invasive procedures, including advanced heart surgery.
This is for the Periop Internship (a permanent, paid training program to become an OR RN)
- Paid fulltime internship, 6-9 months training
- MMC purchases periop 101 didactic course from AORN
- Classroom and hands on training/experience
- Preceptor in OR setting with service expertise
- Commitment is 2 years after completion of Perioperative Internship
- Graduation from a state approved nursing educational program. Currently registered (or planning to register) to take the State board licensing exam. The expectation is that the State board licensing exam will be taken as soon as possible.
- Medication delivery and counting of narcotics or witnessing waste of narcotics may not be done until the RN licensure is obtained.
- Experience in the clinical area in which application has been made is desirable.
- Maintains Basic Life Support certification.
Find more than your next nursing job. Find collaboration.
At Munson Healthcare, nurses are respected clinical experts, mentors, advocates, leaders in practice and central to improving our patients’ lives. Are you ready to finally work with an employer who values your contribution?
What makes Operating Room Nursing different at Munson Healthcare?
- Teamwork and support- our multidisciplinary teams include experienced and new graduate RNs, providers, clinicians and support staff who will help you transition to your new role.
- Nationally-recognized care – Top 100 hospitals, advanced cardiac and neuro/stroke programs, and the latest technology to support our clinicians.
- Commitment to growth and development – we offer a Perioperative Residency, thousands of educational offerings, leadership development, simulation education and tuition reimbursement
- Work-life balance – get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town after work
- An active Registered Nurse license in the State of Michigan
- Certification in the specialty area of practice is strongly encouraged
- A comfort level providing direction to and supervision of LPNs, Techs, Clerks, Nursing Assistants, and other unit team members
- Being a self-directed professional with the ability to make independent judgments directing patient care
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Patient Care Team
- Graduate nurses and new RNs are also accepted
Experience the Total Rewards at Munson:
- Sign-on Bonus of up to $10,000*
- Competitive starting salaries
- Full medical, dental and optical
- Healthcare and dependent care flex spending account
- Paid holidays and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans and discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance program
- Optional financial security benefits to support you and your family
*Terms and conditions apply
Whether you’re ready to apply now or want to ask some additional questions, click the “Apply” button and complete a short application form. One of our RN recruiters will contact you to talk more about your interest and becoming part of the Munson Healthcare team.