Primary responsibility includes facilitation and efficient coordination of medical transportation for patients across the MHC system. As a team member of the Patient Transfer and Placement Center, this position also serves in supporting the Patient Placement Specialists. This position will also work collaboratively with Munson Home Health’s Transportation Program by scheduling private transportation requests.
High school diploma or GED equivalent, Associates degree preferred, previous background
Advanced computer skills with ability to utilize multiple operating systems
Ability to perform a variety of tasks under fast paced environment
Reports to System Director of Patient Transfer and Placement Center
1. Works collaboratively with and serves as the MHC primary resource to Mobile Medical Response Coordinator, and other EMS companies for improved transfer coordination.
2. Collaborates with MHC team members to facilitate and coordinate timely and safe medical transport of patients across the MHC system or to other tertiary centers as directed by Patient Placement Specialist
3. Utilizing Transfer Center software will place patients as directed by the Patient Placement Specialist
4. Supports Patient Placement Specialists in monitoring CAP (Community Access Portal) for incoming referrals
5. Receives requests and schedules non-emergent medical transportation offered through Munson Home Health’s Transportation Program
6. Communicates identified customer specific needs to the Munson Transportation drivers to ensure safety
7. Maintains documentation to provide accurate billing information and ability to capture operational data.
8. Utilizes transportation scheduling software to provide efficient use of resources
9. Adjusts schedules as necessary, documents and communicates timely the changes with internal and external customers
10. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Munson Healthcare.
11. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
12. Promotes personal and patient safety.
13. Always uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills.
14. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.