Lead Environmental Services Tech
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Night shift
Req ID: 56001
Environmental Services is front line infection prevention responsible for performing services in accordance with established organizational policies and procedures for providing a safe environment, achieved by demonstrating the principles of cleaning, disinfection and quality assurance toward the reduction of harmful pathogens for the benefit of patients, visitors, and staff.
Min/Preferred Education Level and/or Years of Experience
High School or GED
3 Progressively more responsible experience in Environmental Services/Hospitality industry and in production
Supervisory or leadership experience
Key Competencies and Skills
- Ability to be able to problem solve
- Previous experience supervising both people & resources
- Provide leadership and support the management team at Munson Medical Center
- Ability to effectively communicate policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by fellow employees
- Presents a positive - can do attitude
- Documents co-worker(s) performance
- Serves as a working leader, coordinating activities of co- workers engaged in environmental services.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Assists in the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities.
- Orients and trains employees.
- Operates the bed tracking program and assigns beds for completion
- Completes room inspections and conducts patient interviews
- Performs day to day assignments in addition to lead duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
Works under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Reports directly to the Operation Manager or Director, working closely with them to develop and guide process.
Orient, trains, assigns and checks the work of employees.
- Models Munson Healthcare’s Purpose – We Improve Lives
- Embraces and supports the Munson Healthcare Alignment Framework including our Purpose, Mission, Vision, Values, True North Goals, Strategic Vision and Goals, and Operating System.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.