Join Our Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Team!
Full-time | Monday – Friday | Call expected
Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Urology group is seeking an advance practice provider that will deliver high quality care to all urology clinic patients. The Urology Advance Practice Provider will work with Munson Urology physicians to care for patients, improve office efficiency, consultation, follow up availability, and inpatient care. Hours may differ between OR time and clinic.
Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career and a beautiful place to live. Enjoy access to excellent education options and multiple 4 season outdoor activities. Our mission is to improve lives, including the quality of yours.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Works as a member of the clinical team to promote, support and provide management of urologic medical care to patients in the East Region.
- Evaluates and reviews the plan of care at regularly scheduled office visits utilizing sound clinical judgment based on assessment of physical, psychological, emotional, societal and environmental needs of the clients.
- Manages patient care in the outpatient setting performing comprehensive history and physical examinations, ordering appropriate lab and radiographic studies, interpreting lab and x-ray results, performing in-office procedures, managing urology medications, making treatment decisions, and determining appropriate follow up.
- Assists with inpatient consultations and documentation of inpatient history & physicals, as well as follow up notes.
- Completes appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care, and services rendered in the electronic medical record in order to accurately reflect services in the patient record and to ensure appropriateness of billing.
- Communicates with referring or primary care physicians regarding patient care and treatment.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from clinic patients and provides appropriate medical care and/or counseling.
- Assists individuals to assume responsibility for the prevention of illness and the promotion of health maintenance and/or restoration of health.
- Observes the Munson Healthcare Advance Practice Provider prescriptive authority guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of current medical trends and ongoing professional development in pertinent medical fields.
- Participates in and / or serves as a resource for medical, nursing, and community education programs.
- Meets department productivity requirements. Recognizes and understands the need for full daily schedules. Independently monitors own daily appointment schedule and works in conjunction with other staff members to fill open appointment times.
- Responds to medical emergencies as required
- Education / Training:
- Master's Degree in Nursing OR a Masters in Physician Assistant studies
- Work Experience:
- Urology experience is preferred but not required
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license required
ABOUT MUNSON HEALTHCARE CHARLEVOIX
Charlevoix Hospital is recognized as a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital. In addition to 24-hour emergency care and an urgent care clinic, the award-winning, 25-bed acute care hospital offers a wide scope of services, with specialty care that includes a Chemotherapy and Infusion Center, surgical care including joint replacement and neurosurgical spine procedures, full radiology services, a highly lauded birthing center, and a visiting cardiac team offering nationally recognized heart care. Considered a treasured gem among rural hospitals in northern Michigan, Charlevoix Hospital has served Charlevoix, Antrim, and Western Otsego counties since 1919, with a long history and heritage of keeping patients at the center of all they do.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.