Nurse Externship / Internship - Student Opportunity - Charlevoix
Status (FT/PT): Internship/Student
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 55812
You Could Start Your Nursing Career Anywhere, so Why Choose Munson Healthcare?
We offer innovative nursing programs at Munson Medical Center for graduate nurses and those interested in advanced training through residencies and internships.
- Technology: Munson Healthcare is a cutting-edge healthcare system with sophisticated diagnostic technology such as 3D tomography, advanced cancer and cardiac treatments, and the latest robotic technology, stereotactic radiosurgery, and non-invasive surgical procedures.
- Work-Life Balance: Northern Michigan is an amazing place to live and work with flexible scheduling and shifts.
- Safe Environment: Munson Healthcare is a safe place to work and to receive care.
- Total Compensation: Competitive wage and an excellent benefits package, including tuition reimbursement, for full- and part-time positions. And relocation assistance is available!
Opportunities for Career Growth
As the largest and leading hospital system in northern Michigan, we provide opportunities for individuals to grow in their career.
- What are the requirements for these programs?
Graduate nurses who have graduated from an accredited nursing program and are simply waiting to take their boards are eligible for this program. Participants will work with an RN preceptor in an orientation role, learn the ins and outs of their assigned unit and provide direct patient care.
- What specific work will participants be able to do and will there be any restrictions?
Graduate nurses will perform RN activities under the direction, supervision and delegation of a Registered Nurse. They will collaborate with their assigned RN for the assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing practice and patient care. Participants can assist with the handling of medication but will not be able to administer medications until their RN license is secured.
- How is this program different from programs other hospitals are offering?There are plenty of hospitals out there that operate on a “license in hand” contingency in terms of job opportunities. We recognize the combined value of your education and on-the-job training, by providing you with a safe, supervised environment that allows you to put your schoolwork to work...now.
The Nurse Extern position provides the student nurse with hands-on nursing training in a clinical environment prior to graduation from a nursing program. The Nurse Extern works under the direction of a Registered Nurse while providing direct patient care. Medication delivery and counting of narcotics or witnessing waste of narcotics are not included within this scope of practice.
What You Need:
- Student nurse enrolled in an accredited school of nursing who is in his/her 3rd or 4th semester of an associate degree in nursing curriculum (ADN) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Maintains Basic Life Support certification.