Logistics Technician I - Courier
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 56035
Logistics Tech I - Courier
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
- Driving Record: No moving violations in last three years. We will require a copy of driving record obtainable from the Secretary of State office prior to employment.
- Geographic knowledge of Traverse City area is necessary
- Good personal appearance, and positive, pleasant attitude is necessary
- High school graduate
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Chauffeur’s license with necessary endorsements and without restrictions that would impede job performance
- May not have any of the following on their driving record within the previous five years:
- Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Operating Under the Influence of Drugs
- Operating While Impaired
- Operating with an Unlawful Blood Alcohol Level
- Refusing a Chemical Test
- Committing a Felony Using a Motor Vehicle
- Manslaughter or negligent Homicide
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Fleeing or Eluding a Police Officer
- Reckless Driving
- May not accumulate more than four active points on their driving record after having been hired
- Must be insurable by Munson Insurance Carrier
Reports to Manager – Document Services. Has cooperative working relationship within their site locations with Directors, Managers, and Supervisors/Coordinators. Involves daily working contact with co-workers, hospital staff, visitors and medical staff personnel.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
No clinical contact with patients
- Supports the mission statement of the PSM and facility specific mission.
- Adheres to ESP and customer service rules, values statement, and confidentiality at all times.
- Acknowledges that safety is a self-responsibility. Knows the physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- Conducts daily deliveries and picks-ups of US postal mail, inter-office mail, x-rays, and other items as necessary.
- Responds to, and fulfills special pick-ups and deliveries; confirms with departmental secretary to facilitate billing charges
- Respond to and fulfill customer’s requests for special pick-ups and deliveries in a timely fashion
- Must respect confidentiality of all records and documents while in their possession.
- Complete a daily trip log.
- Provide daily inspection of vehicle, reporting any problems.
Driver/Courier - Logistics Tech I
- May be required to work weekends and perform some overtime as needed.
- Cross-trained as Messenger Tech – Logistics tech I. (See Position Description for specific duties.)
- Duties entail a combination of walking, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and standing. In addition, job requires delivered items to be loaded and unloaded from the delivery vehicle (mini-van). Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- See attached Employee Competency Evaluation