Behavioral Health Counselor (MSW)
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 56203
Description Behavioral Health Counselor
Family Practice Clinic
400 Hobart Street
Full Time / Days / Monday-Friday no weekends or holidays.
Find more than your next job. Find your community!
Why work as a Behavioral Health Counselor at Munson Healthcare?
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Our clinics are small close-knit teams that support and encourage each other every day.
- Thrive in positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Be a respected clinical expert and valued partner in care. You will be recognized as a mentor, educator and strong health care advocate. Participate in clinical decision-making and improve the quality of work life.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town.
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system.
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes.
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Master's degree and license in Social Work preferred with 3 years or 6000 hours related work experience.
- Licensed in good standing in the State of Michigan as a Mental Health Professional
- Minimum 2 years mental health experience. Prefer experience with co-occurring disorders (mental health and substance use disorders).
- ICRC-certified or certifiable chemical dependency counselor and/or licensed preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the treatment of Mental Health Disorders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in substance use dependency treatment concepts and applications with focus on evidence-based practices.
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus*
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts