Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a CST Traveler at Munson Healthcare?
- Be part of a well-developed, internal traveler team
- Ability to work where others vacation
- Flexible and seasonal assignments
- Build and expand your professional network
- As a member of the OR team, you will work with many specialty surgeons, their physician assistants and advanced practice registered nurses, all striving to provide excellent patient care in a dynamic environment.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- Graduation of an approved Surgical Technology Training Program or Licensed Practical Nurse with previous scrub experience.
- Surgical Technologist certification (C.S.T. or N.C.C.T)
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive stipend amount (home address must be 50 miles or further away from hospital to be eligible)
- Competitive salaries
- Medical Insurance available at cost
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply
- Prepare the operating room for upcoming surgeries
- Sterilize equipment and stock up any necessary supplies
- Prepare patients for their procedures
- Sterilize equipment and hand surgeons instruments upon request
- Order and take inventory of supplies and maintain files and records of procedures
Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Surgical Technician or similar role
- Experience with instrumentation in the operating room
- Strong understanding of surgical technology and surgical procedure
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Passionate about patient care
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program and Surgical Technician certification