Patient Care Manager Weekend's Only
Location: Traverse City
Req ID: 56274
Patient Care Manager Behavioral Health
Weekend Work Only!
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as Patient Care Manager at Munson Healthcare?
- Help Behavioral Health patients when they need it most!
- The Patient Care Manager serves as a master’s level professional clinician performing evaluation and crisis intervention services for behavioral health patients presenting to the emergency room at Munson Medical Center. You serve as a liaison for emergency room patients presenting with acute mental health and substance use disorder needs. You work with the patients and their support people to find additional urgent resources which can include inpatient placement, substance use treatment programs, and other community resources. You are an essential member of the Emergency Department team and will work closely with the doctors, nurses, and support staff on the floor. If you’re interested in joining a welcoming/supportive team and helping patients at their most critical times, join the Behavioral Health team at Munson!
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- Master’s degree from a social work, psychology, and/or counseling accredited program.
- Michigan license to provide behavioral health counseling that may be a LMSW, LPC, or LLP.
- With manager approval, Limited Licensed individuals may be considered. Preferred work experience of 3 years or 6000 hours of counseling and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in behavioral health assessment and treatment of substance use disorder, mental health, and co-occurring disorder interventions and applications with a focus on evidence-based practices.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, non-judgmental – meeting people where they are in their recovery.
- Must have ability to create a solid person-centered treatment plan with the knowledge and application of insurance benefits, authorizations, utilization management and coordination of other community resources to best meet the needs/choices of the person served.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply
Traverse City is an official “Coast Guard City” and sits at the base of twin bays. We have award-winning schools, a community college, year-round recreation, as well as vibrant cultural and social opportunities often found in much larger cities.