GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDER
Full-time | Monday – Friday | Call
Munson Healthcare is seeking a surgical gynecologic oncology Advanced Practice Provider to join our team!
Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career and living in a region that offers a rich blend of adventure, relaxation, and breathtaking natural attractions.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Admit patients to the hospital, perform daily rounds, including the care and discharge of post-operative patients.
- Call every 3rd weekend within rotation as outlined in collaborative agreement.
- Coordinate care provided by multiples specialists including hospitalist, providers and nurses.
- Sees patients for surveillance exams.
- Manages chemotherapy in collaboration with Gynecologic Oncologist, primary gynecologic oncology RN and gynecologic oncology pharmacist.
- Performs office procedures.
- Provides symptom management.
- Conducts survivorship visits.
- Works as a self-directed professional with the ability to make independent judgments in providing direct patient care, educate and supervise cancer care clinical staff, and coordinate oncology programs/clinics.
- Manages care of complex benign gynecological disorders.
- Manages patient care in the outpatient setting, performing comprehensive history and physical examinations and carries out appropriate intervention/procedures as determined by the plan of care.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to communicate, relate, and interact effectively with patients, families, and members of the healthcare team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a busy clinical environment.
- Demonstrates computers skills and willingness to learn necessary health IT applications to promote maximum clinical efficiency.
- Communicates with referring or primary care physicians regarding patient care and treatment.
- Completes appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care and services rendered in the electronic medical record.
- Observes the Munson Healthcare Advance Practice Provider prescriptive authority guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of current medical trends in ongoing professional development in pertinent medical fields.
Education / Training:
- Master's Degree in Nursing OR a Masters in Physician Assistant studies
- Experience in Oncology is preferred but not required.
- Surgical or Acute Care experience preferred but not required
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license required
- Required to achieve certification as an Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP) within two years from hire date.
- Have at least 90 Oncology continuing education hours within the past 5 years, as well as maintain practice and education requirements as outlined by ONCC for the AOCNP certification.
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers Employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with A MHC entity
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- >65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.