Home Health Aide Hospice
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 56314
Description Munson Healthcare has the most comprehensive home health hospice program in Northern Michigan. We have built our reputation for excellence by providing kind, attentive, and respectful in-home care for more than 50 years. We are looking for team members who will continue our tradition of providing kind and respectful care for our patients in their homes.Why choose to be a Home Health Aide with Munson Home Health Hospice?
- Work in a positive, supportive and compassionate environment built on our organizational values.
- Be part of a team that works together to care for our community.
- Provide direct care and assistance to patients - from bathing and personal hygiene to exercise and nutrition.
- Enjoy flexibility in your daily scheduling.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Documentation of successful completion of a 75-hour nurse aide training and competency program, or state approved CHA or CENA program preferred.
- Successful completion of Munson Home Care/Hospice’s Aide Skills/
- Competency Checklist and written Aide Competency Test after hire and prior to making independent home visits.
- Six months experience as an aide in a home care setting preferred.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions in English and to document care provided per those instructions.
- Meets MHH established requirements for proof of health status. Physically able to lift 35 pounds. Demonstrates ability to move, position and transfer clients utilizing good body mechanics, lifting techniques and/or transfer assistive devices to avoid manipulating more than 35 pounds.
- Meets Home Health and Medicare standards as evidenced by criminal background check and fingerprinting.
- Possesses current Michigan motor vehicle license, ability to drive a car, an insured vehicle capable of transport to patient homes or other offices in various weather conditions.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts