We improve lives, join our team!
Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday, 7am to 5pm
Call: Rotated; After hours coverage for patients for 5 practices, shared amongst 16 providers
Join a primary care practice, finding the right balance between a rewarding career in a supportive, friendly community, and a beautiful place to live and grow. A 1.5:1 support staff to provider ratio, 3 providers, centralized nurse triage and the on-site clinic provides expanded care coordination, as well as on site laboratory.
The Milltown Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will provide high quality care to adults (ages 16+) in a family medicine/internal medicine practice. Looking for a provider that will work Monday – Friday (5 – 8 hour shifts) or Tuesday – Friday (4 – 10 hour days).
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers Employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an MHC entity.
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- >65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Health and dental insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Student loan forgiveness eligible
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
STANDARDS OF CARE
- Manage chronic conditions and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries, using best practices, i.e., evidence-based practice
- Obtain relevant health and medical histories from patients and/or caregivers
- Perform physical exams appropriate for age and history
- Identify medical and health risks and needs
- Order, conduct and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests
- Formulate the appropriate plan of care based on history, physical exam, clinical findings and any diagnostic findings
- Develop care plans and communicate plan to patient, their care giver, or family
- Perform procedures within the scope of expertise (e.g., I&Ds, suturing wound closure, etc.)
- Identify non-pharmacologic interventions and prescribe non-pharmacologic therapies; identify pharmacologic interventions and prescribe pharmacologic therapies
- Provide relevant patient education
- Make appropriate referrals to physicians and other health professionals and community agencies
- Participate in quality improvement review on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans, helps disseminate findings and implement plans for improvement
- Serve as an educational resource for ancillary staff
- Complete and maintain written electronic records in a timely fashion and in compliance with MHC standards
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
- Acknowledges safety is a self-responsibility. Knows physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- As a health care provider, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant works in conjunction with their physicians in providing a full spectrum of primary care services to their assigned patients. The primary responsibility of the nurse practitioner or physician assistant is to promote and maintain health in all age populations; and to prevent disease and illness exacerbation.
- Is a part of the transition to and maintenance of a Patient Centered Medical Home and Rural Health Clinic at Milltown Primary Care. This may involve education, home visits, group visits, case management, pay for performance, and quality indicators.
- Assists in policy and procedure development for Milltown Primary Care operations and clinical interventions.
- Maintains visibility within the community as a primary health care provider. Serves as a role model to clinic staff, faculty, and the community at large.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Training:
- Master's Degree in Nursing OR a Masters in Physician Assistant studies
- New grads welcome to apply!
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license required
- Candidate must apply for and be granted applicable clinical privileges through MHC’s credentialing processes before rendering services
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent medical decisions.
- Time management and organizational skills.
ABOUT MUNSON HEALTHCARE
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest and leading healthcare system. Based in northern Michigan, our team of medical experts, award-winning hospitals, and related organizations serve people in 30 counties. Munson Healthcare is comprised of regional referral center Munson Medical Center (Traverse City) and 7 community hospitals: Cadillac Hospital (Cadillac), Charlevoix Hospital (Charlevoix), Grayling Hospital (Grayling), Kalkaska Memorial Health Center (Kalkaska), Manistee Hospital (Manistee), Otsego Memorial Hospital (Gaylord), and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital (Frankfort). Across the system there are 694 licensed acute care beds and 212 licensed long-term care beds. Most of the region’s 540,000 residents can receive comprehensive quality care in or near their local community with access to sophisticated diagnostic technology such as 3D tomography, advanced cancer and heart treatments, and the latest robotic technology, stereotactic radiosurgery, and non-invasive surgical procedures.
Here is a place you can breathe. Surrounded by beautiful inland lakes and rivers and home to Lower Michigan’s largest state park, Hartwick Pines State Park, Grayling is a serene up north retreat conveniently located within the I-75 corridor. A strong and thriving community known for its genial residents and small-town ambiance, Grayling naturally lends itself to family-friendly living. Equipped with top-rated schools, a low cost of living, and a strong sense of community, the Grayling region helps newcomers feel right at home with a northern Michigan charm all its own. Outdoor adventure seekers can “play without limits” in this northern Michigan oasis where hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, golfing, and birdwatching abound in and around the state park, Higgins Lake and Houghton Lake, and the legendary AuSable River – home to the annual, world-renowned AuSable River Canoe Marathon and known as “the holy water” among fishing enthusiasts who’ve deemed the river one of the best fly fishing hotspots in the Midwest.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer