Laboratory Aide II
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: PM shift
Req ID: 56657
Laboratory Aide II
12:30pm-9pm shift! Monday-Friday Shift, No weekends No Holidays!
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Laboratory Aide II at Munson Healthcare?
- The Munson Healthcare Laboratory System provides a comprehensive laboratory testing menu and performs more than 5 million tests a year.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- High school graduate, preferably with courses in biology and chemistry
- Good manual dexterity is essential
- Concise, legible handwriting.
- Ability to use typewriter keyboard.
- Previous laboratory experience or medical assistant training and/or certification or satisfactory completion of laboratory introductory phlebotomy course, if offered.
- Available for weekend and holiday scheduling.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
Traverse City is an official “Coast Guard City” and sits at the base of twin bays. We have award-winning schools, a community college, year-round recreation, as well as vibrant cultural and social opportunities often found in much larger cities.