Certification as a Hyperbaric Technician preferred, but the following will also be considered: LPN, RN, Respiratory Therapist, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, or with relevant Diving industry experience. Must have completed or be eligible to complete a course offered by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT) and successfully complete the certification exam within a specified period of time.
Demonstrated characteristics – detail oriented, self-starter, problem solver, quick responder in an emergency situation, good communicator
Reports to the Medical Director of the Advanced Wound Center as it relates to all clinical/patient care issues
Reports to the Manager of the Advanced Wound Center for day to day operations and program development issues.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) X Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) X Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) X Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) X Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) _ All ages (birth & above)
No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Under the direction of a physician, performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy on approved patients. Operates and monitors hyperbaric chamber and other hyperbaric support systems while patients are receiving treatment.
- Works with clerical support to contact referral sources to obtain needed information to determine a patient’s eligibility for the service. Works with clerical support to ensure that follow-up information is sent to the referral source
- Based upon standard protocols the technician will continuously check the chambers, set the chambers up for treatment, document information about the chamber, inspect it carefully for problems
- Responsible for maintaining all supplies needed within the center to carry out the procedure and /or the day to day operations of the center
- Responsible for working with Central Processing to maintain needed sterilized instruments
- Orders necessary supplies when stock is low or as requested by an audiologist.
- Visually inspects the gas tanks on a daily basis
- When requested will assist physician with dressing removal and application
- Will assist with presentations directed at physicians to increase their awareness of the benefit and positive outcomes that HBO is achieving
- Performs other duties as assigned