JOIN OUR MUNSON HEALTHCARE ONCOLOGY TEAM!
Full-time | Monday – Friday |
Munson Healthcare is seeking a full-time Medical Oncology Advanced Practice Provider to join our team! This position will be supporting several clinics throughout our regional network. Time would be split between Charlevoix, Kalkaska, and Traverse City.
Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career and living in a region that offers a rich blend of adventure, relaxation, and breathtaking natural attractions.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
Patient navigation –
- Be the point person in collaboration with the clinical navigator for a specific group of patients.
- Maintain efficient and effective collaborative relationships with all physician specialists involved in oncology care including nurses, social workers, primary care physicians etc.
Multi-disciplinary clinics –
- Coordination of physician specialist and ancillary services
- Communicate with patient and other providers regarding plan of care
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary tumor conference, delegate tasks to and supervise clinical navigator for assigned tumor sites.
Affiliate infusion sites/oncology clinics –
- Coordinate close to home care when possible
- Work closely with affiliate sites to provide clinical consultation and direction functioning as a liaison between outreach staff and physicians as well as patients.
Survivorship care –
- Work with patient, oncology physician(s), and primary care providers to establish an individualized survivorship plan for oncology patients assigned to your service.
Clinical trials -
- Maintain knowledge regarding available clinical trials and support the patient, physician, and clinical research staff by assisting with coordination of patient enrollment and ongoing requirements of the study
Development of new alliances and processes -
- Continually seek ways to develop partnerships to promote a “culture of research” for the MMC oncology program.
Education / Training:
- Master's Degree in Nursing OR a Masters in Physician Assistant studies
- Experience in Oncology is preferred but not required.
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license required
- Required to achieve certification as an Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP) within two years from hire date.
- Have at least 90 Oncology continuing education hours within the past 5 years, as well as maintain practice and education requirements as outlined by ONCC for the AOCNP certification.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.