Medical Business Receptionist - Indian River Walk In Clinic
Location: Indian River
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Req ID: 56762
Indian River Walk In Clinic
3860 S Straits Hwy
Indian River, Michigan
Flexible As Needed Position for Fill In Coverage
Find more than your next job. Find your career in your community.
We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends, and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. As one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan, we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
Why work as a Medical Business Associate at Munson Healthcare?
- Our clinics are small close-knit teams that support and encourage each other.
- As a Medical Business Associate, you are the first point of contact for patients & families. Your personal interaction and efficiency start the path for an exceptional experience of care, wellness, and healing.
- You will work side by side with leaders and mentors that teach new skills providing personal growth and promotional opportunities within the organization.
- With over 100 clinics in Northern Michigan, Medical Business Associates can expand their knowledge and skills in different specialties without leaving the organization: Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Urgent Care, Heart & Vascular, Oncology Services, Surgical Services, Orthopedics, Urology, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Behavioral Medicine, and Medical Specialties: Sleep Medicine, Wound Care, Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Endocrinology, Occupational Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology & Rheumatology.
- Most Clinics operate during normal business hours Monday – Friday and are closed on Holidays!
- High school graduate or GED.
- One year experience successfully working with the public with minimal supervision.
- Proficient experience with multiple computer systems.
- One year or 32 credits of college and/or training or equivalent experience in a related field.
What's Preferred but not necessary to apply:
- Associate degree or equivalent education.
- Prior experience in a Medical Practice Business Associate role.
- Experience with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance coverage.
- Familiarity with ICD-9/ICD 10and CPT codes.
- EHR experience.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefit packages: Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Holidays off and paid for most clinics.
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and numerous employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply