Licensed HVACR Technician
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Req ID: 56967
Licensed HVACR Technician
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Licensed HVACR Tech at Munson Healthcare?
- Be part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day.
- Our team works in positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- High school diploma (GED or equivalent) ; An Associate’s Degree in HVACR Technology is preferred
- Minimum 3 years general maintenance experience in commercial/industrial building, preferably a medical facility.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints, schematics and sketches. Able to prepare “as-built” sketches for all jobs assigned.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Physical requirements: must be able to lift medium loads (up to 50 pounds), climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl occasionally (0-33% of the workday); and must be able to walk and handle materials frequently (34-66% of the workday).
- Licensure in the Forbes Mechanical Contractors Act 192 of 1984 with the following five licenses preferred:
- Hydronic Heating and cooling and process piping
- HVAC Equipment
- Limited or unlimited heating service
- Limited or unlimited refrigeration and air conditioning service
- The specialty Refrigerant Reclaiming Certificate
- First Aid and CPR certification desirable.
- Satisfactorily demonstrate licensed level of accomplishment within the trial period.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts