Join our team and help improve lives!
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Call: Rotated 1 in 4
Frankfort Medical Group is seeking a physician to join a team-based practice that delivers high quality care to patients of all ages. The physician who joins this practice will be part of a 2 physician team with 2 Advance Practice Providers and will be seeing 18-20 patients a day. Located inside Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital, the physician with Frankfort Medical Group will have access to many resources to enhance their practice.
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers Employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an Munson Healthcare entity.
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- >65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Health and dental insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Student loan repayment eligible
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
STANDARDS OF CARE
- Manage chronic conditions and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries, using best practices, i.e., evidence-based practice
- Obtain relevant health and medical histories from patients and/or caregivers
- Perform physical exams appropriate for age and history
- Identify medical and health risks and needs
- Order, conduct and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests
- Formulate the appropriate plan of care based on history, physical exam, clinical findings and any diagnostic findings
- Develop care plans and communicate plan to patient, their care giver, or family
- Perform procedures within the scope of expertise (e.g., I&Ds, suturing wound closure, etc.)
- Identify non-pharmacologic interventions and prescribe non-pharmacologic therapies; identify pharmacologic interventions and prescribe pharmacologic therapies
- Provide relevant patient education
- Make appropriate referrals to physicians and other health professionals and community agencies
- Participate in quality improvement review on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans, helps disseminate findings and implement plans for improvement
- Serve as an educational resource for ancillary staff
- Complete and maintain written electronic records in a timely fashion and in compliance with MHC standards
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Munson Healthcare Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
- Acknowledges safety is a self-responsibility. Knows physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- As a health care provider, primary responsibility of the physician is to promote and maintain health in all age populations; and to prevent disease and illness exacerbation.
- Assists in policy and procedure development for Frankfort Medical Group operations and clinical interventions.
- Maintains visibility within the community as a primary health care provider. Serves as a role model to clinic staff, faculty, and the community at large.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Training:
- MD or DO
- Successful completion of an approved U.S. Residency training program approved by the Accrediting Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) of the American Medical Association, or the American Osteopathic Association or its equivalent.
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Board eligible/certified for internal or family medicine practice in the State of Michigan
- Candidate must apply for and be granted applicable clinical privileges through MHC’s credentialing processes before rendering services
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent medical decisions.
- Time management and organizational skills.
ABOUT MUNSON HEALTHCARE
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest and leading healthcare system. Based in northern Michigan, our team of medical experts, award-winning hospitals, and related organizations serve people in 30 counties. Munson Healthcare is comprised of regional referral center Munson Medical Center (Traverse City) and 7 community hospitals: Cadillac Hospital (Cadillac), Charlevoix Hospital (Charlevoix), Grayling Hospital (Grayling), Kalkaska Memorial Health Center (Kalkaska), Manistee Hospital (Manistee), Otsego Memorial Hospital (Gaylord), and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital (Frankfort). Across the system there are 694 licensed acute care beds and 212 licensed long-term care beds. Most of the region’s 540,000 residents can receive comprehensive quality care in or near their local community with access to sophisticated diagnostic technology such as 3D tomography, advanced cancer and heart treatments, and the latest robotic technology, stereotactic radiosurgery, and non-invasive surgical procedures.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
Frankfort is an enticing community of about 1,300 residents nestled on the sandy shores of Lake Michigan. From the historic 1925 Frankfort Lighthouse to the new Elizabeth Lane Oliver Center for the Arts, Frankfort is filled with unexpected pleasures and year-round adventures. Lovely Victorian homes dominate picturesque, maple-lined streets. Shoppers find unique items crafted by local artisans in Frankfort's specialty shops and galleries. High quality restaurants and a popular microbrewery offer great dining options. Nearby Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore was named the most beautiful place in America by Good Morning America. Some of the most spectacular sunsets in Michigan can be enjoyed from the pristine Frankfort Beach. Enormous sand dunes, 25 miles of empty freshwater beach, and awe-inspiring views in every direction, delight visitors and locals alike. This is beach town living at its finest.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer