Clinical Nurse Specialist, Critical Care Nursing - General Nursing - FT/Day
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Req ID: 57065
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Critical Care
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a CNS at Munson Healthcare?
- Be part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day.
- Our nurses work in positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Our nurses are respected clinical experts and valued partners in care. They are recognized as mentors, educators and strong health care advocates. Professional nursing practice is emphasized, and nurses participate in clinical decision-making and improve the quality of their work life.
- Munson Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center. Munson is nationally recognized - going from a primary stroke center to a comprehensive stroke center. CNS will be directly involved in applying for the comprehensive designation status and working with Joint Commission in obtaining.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance– Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity– Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility– A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Nursing with an Advance Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) focus*
- Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (or other APRN if hired into role before 2018)
- Experience in the clinical area (critical care, cardiothoracic surgery, neuro, and critical care departments. Defining practice, support, and data collection) in which application has been made is desirable.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Sign-On Bonus up to $10,000*
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply
About Traverse City, Michigan
Traverse City is an official “Coast Guard City” and sits at the base of twin bays. We have award-winning schools, a community college, year-round recreation, as well as vibrant cultural and social opportunities often found in much larger cities.