Security Officer - PRN
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Rotating shift
Req ID: 57077
**PRN, variable hours/week
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
The role of Security Officers at all Munson Healthcare facilities is to ensure a safe and secure environment for all patients, visitors, employees and providers. Security Officers provide a security presence throughout the facility to maintain order, monitor activity to identify and report potential risks, prevent accidents and/or injuries and to deter harmful activity such as theft, vandalism and violence. Security Officers contribute to maintaining a positive environment through consistent high quality customer service.
Why work in Security at Munson Medical Center?
- Be part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day.
- Our teams work in positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
- Officer duties are rotated every two hours. Posts include: Dispatch, inside patrol, outside patrol, and the Emergency Department.
- When you join Munson’s Security team, we provide the knowledge and training you need, to include Human Resource Safety Training and other modules. Within 6 months, you will complete various trainings, including but not limited to CPR and AED (infant and adult)
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Basic technical reporting and computer skills.
- Preferred:Knowledge and/or experience in law enforcement, fire, safety or security
- Must be able to assist emergency response and medical personnel as needed