CVOR / Surgical Technologist II
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57145
Surgical technologists play a critical role on surgical teams at all Munson Healthcare hospitals. This position requires excellent clinical judgment, critical thinking, accuracy, and strong interpersonal skills.
As a member of the OR team, you’ll work with many specialty surgeons, their physician assistants, and advanced practice registered nurses, all striving to provide excellent patient care in a dynamic environment.
Specialties include cardiovascular, eye, endovascular, and neurology. Munson Healthcare offers many opportunities for clinical advancement.
- Graduation of an approved Surgical Technology Training Program OR LPN License
- BCLS Required
- Surgical Technologist Certification (C.S.T. / N.C.C.T.)
It's easy to love Traverse City, and we make it easy to move here!
Munson Medical Center (MMC) is looking for great Surgical Technologists who appreciate great perks!
Sign-on Bonus up to $10,000* OR Free Housing
- Get FREE furnished housing in picturesque Traverse City
- Just move here and move in - Munson makes it easy and stress-free
- Experience the beauty, adventure & culture of a top US beach town
- Complimentary Scrubs
- Competitive starting salaries
- Full medical, dental and optical
- Healthcare and dependent care flex spending account
- Paid holidays and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans and discounted gym memberships
- Employee assistance program
- Optional financial security benefits to support you and your family
*Terms and conditions apply
- Prepare the operating room for upcoming surgeries
- Sterilize equipment and stock up any necessary supplies
- Prepare patients for their procedures
- Sterilize equipment and hand surgeons instruments upon request
- Order and take inventory of supplies and maintain files and records of procedures
Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Surgical Technician or similar role
- Experience with instrumentation in the operating room
- Strong understanding of surgical technology and surgical procedure
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Passionate about patient care
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program and Surgical Technician certification
What makes a good Surgical Technologist?
A great Surgical Technologist needs to have a basic knowledge of instruments and equipment. They must be engaged in the operation from start to finish.
Who does a Surgical Technologist work with?
Surgical Technologists are members of a surgical team with Doctors and Nurses, assisting them in the operating room. They will also work with other medical staff as needed to ensure the operating room is stocked and ready for upcoming procedures.
Questions? Text - 231-272-5578