Speech Pathologist - Cancer Rehabilitation
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57148
A Masters Degree in Speech/Language Pathology.
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology as granted by the American Speech and Hearing Association; or has completed academic and practicum requirements and is in the process of meeting the requirements for certification.
Reports to Manager of Rehab Services. May receive direction from Rehab Service Line Director.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
X Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
X Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
X Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
X Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Accurately administers appropriate diagnostic evaluation tools based on the diagnosis and age of each patient.
- Develops a treatment plan for each patient that reflects results of the evaluation and makes recommendations for treatment.
- Provides quality treatment that is reflective of the stated goals in the treatment plan.
- Keeps medical records up to date, complete, and in accordance with department and hospital guidelines for inpatient and outpatient records.
- Meets productivity standards of the department.
- Records daily charges accurately and promptly per department process.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental efforts to improve processes and clinical treatment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.