Department Assistant - Patient Financial Services
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57191
**Monday-Friday; No Weekends!
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Department Assistant at Munson Healthcare?
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Our efforts directly impact patient satisfaction and outcomes
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
The Department Assistant efficiently manages a large volume of customer service requests that are directed to the Human Resources office. This includes working directly with drop-in lobby traffic, appropriately directing appointments, responding to phone calls and email requests, and completing ongoing project work as assigned. The Department Assistant provides support to the Human Resources team and organizational staff by effectively administering the daily responsibilities of the front desk area.
- Associates Degree in Business or related field with two years’ secretarial and/or office experience.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4 to 5 years’ relevant experience is required. At least one-year healthcare experience desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Access.
- Keyboarding skills of 65 wpm with high degree of accuracy.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply