Eligible for or currently licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
Required to possess a BSN by .
Experienced in technical clinical area in which application has been made is desirable.
Accountable to the Clinical Coordinator or designee of the assigned patient care unit. Ultimately accountable for the practice of nursing to the Senior Vice President Patient Care Services.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) X Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) X Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) X Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) X Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) All ages (birth & above)
No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Accountable for providing professional nursing care to patients, families and/or significant others.
- Utilizes the nursing process within the parameters of the Rules and Regulations of the Michigan Board of Nursing (P.H. Code 37f8, 1978), policies and procedures of the hospital, and the RN Maternity Staff Nurse Performance Standards.
- Maintains assigned caseload which permits effective and efficient client treatment utilizing case management format.
- Evaluates client and establishes individual treatment program for each client in accordance with goals of treatment team and client and within the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Maintains awareness of changing client condition and alters treatment program accordingly.
- Initiates referrals to other program/community agencies to enhance treatment program accordingly.
- Develops and implements goal oriented psychoeducational groups designed to improve the client’s level of functioning.
- Contributes to the development and review of the Master Treatment Plan and discharge plan for each client.
- Responsible for documenting the assessment and progress notes within specified time frame. Information needs to be complete and legible.
- Provides inservice education about the role and contribution of Social Work in the Program through presentations to staff, new employees, students and other community groups.
- Maintains professional competence through at least yearly attendance at conferences/workshops. Reports these experiences to other staff, and integrates information in client treatment.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of client education portion periodically, making revisions as needed.
- Maintains safe treatment area.
- Is alert to potential use of clinical data for research and publication purposes.
- Adheres to policies/procedures of the Hospital and Program.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.