Logistics Technician I - East Region
This job posting is no longer active.
Status (FT/PT): Contingency
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57230
Courier Position is an East Region Position work locations will be Charlevoix, Gaylord and Grayling
- Driving Record: No moving violations in last three years. We will require a copy of driving record obtainable from the Michigan Secretary of State office prior to employment.
- Geographic knowledge of northern lower MI area is necessary
- Good personal appearance, and positive, pleasant attitude is necessary
- High school graduate
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Must be 18 years of age
- May not have any of the following on their driving record within the previous five years:
a. Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol
b. Operating Under the Influence of Drugs
c. Operating While Impaired
d. Operating with an Unlawful Blood Alcohol Level
e. Refusing a Chemical Test
f. Committing a Felony Using a Motor Vehicle
g. Manslaughter or negligent Homicide
h. Leaving the Scene of an Accident
i. Fleeing or Eluding a Police Officer
j. Reckless Driving
- May not accumulate more than four active points on their driving record after having been hired
- Must be insurable by Munson Insurance Carrier
Reports to Department Manager. Has cooperative working relationship within their site locations with Directors, Managers, and Supervisors/Coordinators. Involves daily working contact with co-workers, hospital staff, visitors and medical staff personnel.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
No Clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Conducts daily deliveries and picks-ups of US postal mail, inter-office mail, x-rays, patient medications, and other items as necessary.
- Responds to, and fulfills special pick-ups and deliveries. When on-call is responsible additional deliveries as needed.
- Respond to and fulfill customer’s requests for special pick-ups and deliveries in a timely fashion.
- Signs out all packages at pick up points as requested.
- Logs all deliveries and obtains signatures when delivered.
- Must respect confidentiality of all records and documents while in their possession.
- Complete a daily trip log.
- Provide daily inspection of vehicle, reporting any problems.
- May be required to work weekends and perform some overtime as needed.
- Duties entail a combination of walking, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and standing. In addition, job requires delivered items to be loaded and unloaded from the delivery vehicle (mini-van). Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.