Registered Nurse Vascular - Operating Room - FT/Day Rotate
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Req ID: 57256
Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room
Vascular surgery experience preferred but this position is open to OR nurses who have satisfactorily completed the OR internship. This position requires knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative techniques for open and endovascular surgery. Position requires orientation to vascular surgery group and ability to train and work as surgical scrub. Candidates must live within 30 minutes of MMC to fulfill on-call requirement. Day shift, 10 hours, and 1-3 call shifts per week including rotating weekend call.
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as an Operating Room Nurse at MMC?
- Be part of a close-knit OR team who nurture a culture of caring every day.
- Our 21 surgical suites include 3 hybrid ORs. We offer all surgical specialties including robotic surgery, TAVR, and stroke programs. And skylights allow you to work in natural light.
- We’re a Level II Trauma Center with a surgical hospitalist program.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Michigan
- Graduate nurses and new RNs are accepted
- Minimum of one year medical/surgical experience, operating room experience desirable
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Sign-On Bonus up to $10,000*
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply
About Traverse City, Michigan
Traverse City is an official “Coast Guard City” and sits at the base of twin bays. We have award-winning schools, a community college, year-round recreation, as well as vibrant cultural and social opportunities often found in much larger cities.