NICU Respiratory Therapist
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Req ID: 57258
Now offering FREE Housing in Traverse City, MI to new full-time Respiratory Therapists!
Primarily day shift, 12 hour shifts, 36 hours per week
6:42am - 7:12pm
Flexibility to occasionally cover some night shifts for vacation/LOAs as needed. Notice provided.
Weekends as required: up to 3 weekends per 6 week schedule
Live in a place you LOVE, Work in a place you're RESPECTED
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a NICU Respiratory Therapist at Munson Healthcare?
- Our therapists work in positive and supportive environments built on our organizational values
- We have opportunities for growth, including skill development and advancement through the RT Clinical Ladder
- The NICU Qualified Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) provides care for all ages of patients. In addition to covering the general and pediatric nursing units and adult critical care areas (including PACU and ED), this therapist also accepts patient care assignments in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and is a member of the NICU Transport Team.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) through the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) who is registry-eligible allowed entry into job classification – RRT must be obtained within 4 months to remain in RRT classification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) is preferred and is required within the first 6 months of hire.
- Currently licensed as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan or eligible to apply – NEW GRADS WELCOME TO APPLY
- Clinical exposure to all aspects of pediatric and adult respiratory care required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is preferred.
- Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) and Adult Critical Care Specialist (ACC) through the NBRC are preferred.
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and patient service skills
- Desire to be part of a Team
- Compassion for providing emotional support to patients
- Ability to solve problems and think quickly
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance– Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity– Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility– A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Sign-On Bonus up to $10,000*
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply