Lead Teacher GSRP
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57236
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Responsible for all aspects of the classroom including following GSRP implementation manual and contract guidance, licensing requirements, parent communication.
- Responds to needs, questions, concerns of parents and children in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for the daily planning and execution of all classroom and outdoor activities for the group. Lesson plans will be prepared on a weekly basis with one copy being posted in the classroom for parents, and one copy turned into the Coordinator.
- Supervision for meal times, toileting procedures, inside and outside activities for children in the classroom.
- Training and constructive utilization of assistant teachers.
- Attendance at all staff meetings, parent conferences, and ongoing training.
- Cleaning and organizing of the center as needed.
- Responsible for the health, welfare, and safety of children in assigned group.
- Plan and execute a developmentally appropriate program balanced within child developmental principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Why work as a Lead Teacher GSRP at Munson Healthcare?
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or equivalent combination of education and experience, or a valid Teaching license with ZA endorsement.
- Experience in teaching, writing lesson plans and managing a GSRP classroom.
- Must meet State of Michigan Department of Social Services licensing requirements for a Lead Teacher.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply