Physical Therapy Assistant
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57554
The Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for delivering treatment and physical interventions for patients under a care plan established by a physical therapist.
Graduate of an approved Physical Therapy Assistant Program.
Previous clinical experience desirable, but not mandatory.
Reports to Coordinator of Physical Therapy. May receive direction from the Rehab Service Line Director
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
X All ages (birth & above)
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Implements the plan of care and performs treatment using techniques, procedures and devices in a therapeutic and effective manner within the parameters of the plan and goals outlined by the physical therapist.
- Collaboratively, with a licensed Physical Therapist, establishes and implements a discharge plan.
- Educates patients/caregivers regarding the course of treatment, the proper use of assistive devices and safety.
- May provide rehabilitation related education and in-service education to the other hospital staff.
- Provides supervision to the rehab aides during clinical treatment.
- Keeps medical records up to date, complete and in accordance with department and hospital guidelines.
- Records daily charges accurately and promptly per department process.
- Attends department staff meetings and participates in process improvement committees.
- Meets productivity standards of the department.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including, but not limited to: standing, ambulating and transferring of sometimes heavy patients; pushing heavy patients in wheelchairs, bending to help patients transferring or ambulating, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.